Hi beauties! My name is Julie and I’m a passionate lover of all things fashion and style! I love encouraging women to walk in confidence in how the Lord created them, and how to dress for their specific, beautiful, body shape! I have been a super-fan of Poppie’s since moving to Lebanon, TN years ago. Not only are her clothes amazing and fair-priced, but the staff are always friendly and helpful, and I simply love the VIBE of the boutique!
Swimsuits fill the stores, kids are out of school, husbands are asking to golf every weekend… you know what that means - SUMMER is here! This wonderful season is filled with pool hangouts, barbecues, picnics, lake days, outdoor concerts, etc. The hard part of this is finding an affordable and functional wardrobe for all these fun events. Enter Julie to help. Here are 5 essential summer closet items that you will wear the crap out of in these upcoming months:
1. The White Tank. I use this puppy so much in the summer! You can never go wrong with the classic look of a white tank and denim shorts. Add some sneakers and a ball cap or dress it up with some espadrilles and accent jewelry. Other styling ideas: tucked into a skirt, under shortalls, layered under a summer blazer or kimono, or pair with activewear. Favorite white tanks: Sweater Tank, Stretchy Tank, Tank Bodysuit
2. Swimsuit that you feel great in. A lot of you cringe when you read the word “swimsuit”. Swimsuit shopping doesn’t have to be a claw-my-eyes-out experience. Once I found a quality swimsuit that accentuated my shape and was functional for my life, I walked in more confidence in this vulnerable outfit. Favorite swimsuit brands: Kortni Jeane, Cupshe, Aerie, Summersalt
3. Denim Shorts. I’m not willing to admit how many pairs of denim shorts I own. These are a summer staple because they’re classic, come in so many different lengths, cuts, and styles, and they match everything! Dress them up or dress them down. Wear them while chasing your kids or on a date with your sweetie pie! Favorite denim shorts: Demi Distressed Mid-Rise Denim Shorts, High-Waisted Mid-Thigh Boyfriend Denim Shorts
4. T-shirt Dress. The versatility and comfort of the tee dress is why it’s such a staple in my summer closet. Pair it with sneakers or slides during the day, then dress it up at night with some espadrilles and a denim jacket or kimono. Pro-tip: add a belt or fanny pack to accentuate your waist. Favorite tee dresses: Midi Length Tee Dress, Ruched Mini Tee Dress, Scoop Midi Tee Dress, Maxi Tee Dress
5. Fanny Pack/Belt Bag. Yes, you heard me right. Don’t run from this trend, embrace it! I use my belt-bag constantly in the summer because #1 it’s super convenient when I’m running from place-to-place with my littles, #2 it’s accentuates my waist when I add it to a dress or jumpsuit, #3 I get to re-live family vacations from my childhood when my mom rocked the fanny pack. Favorite fanny packs: Universal Thread at Target, GAP, Herschel
About the author
My name is Julie and I am a passionate, bubbly, fashion-lovin’ stylist looking to encourage others through clothing and accessories! Once I learned how to dress for my body shape and skin tone, I was blown away by the boost in confidence that took place. I want to share what I’ve learned to help others feel empowered, confident, and motivated by how they present themselves!
Tik Tok: @jp_styling